Malawi Annual Economic Survey
Annual Economic Survey (AES) reports provide detailed information on the economic activities of large-scale profit making enterprises in the country. The indicators compiled from this survey include employment, turnover, stocks, value added and gross profit by sector. A sector is an aggregation of various enterprises that have been grouped according to the United Nations International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC). The estimates are of importance to the country’s calculation of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) through Supply and Use tables.
Reported in current Kwacha values, the survey brings to light that over the period 2007-2009 there has been increases in total income, remuneration, total purchases, value added, employment and gross profit.
This work has been successful because of the co-operation of various business enterprises, statutory bodies and government departments, which supplied the information. Their co-operation in this exercise is greatly appreciated.
- Summary report 2010 - 2011
- Summary report 2007 - 2009
- Summary report 2005 - 2006
- Summary report 2003 - 2005
- Summary report 1994 - 1998
Statistical tables (1994 - 1998)
Below is a list of some of the summary tables that were published in Annual Economic Survey report (1994-1998) on:
- Agriculture Sector
- Mining and Quarrying Sector
- Manufacturing Sector
- Electricity and Water Sector
- Building and Construction Sector
- Distribution Sector
- Transport and Communications Sector
- Financial Services Sector
- Private and Community Sector
- Percentage shares by industry
- Selected indicators for all Sectors